Pivotal GemFire 7.0.2 Native Client Release Notes
Pivotal GemFire Native Client 7.0.2 | 12 FEB 2014|
Last Document Update: 16 SEPT 2014
All GemFire 7.0.2 Documentation
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
- What's New in GemFire Native Client 7.0.2
- Installing GemFire Native Client 7.0.2
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
Pivotal GemFire Naive Client 7.0.2 is a maintenance release and includes the following updates:
- Updated copyright, branding and legal text to Pivotal Software, Inc.
- Replaced VMware software licensing with Pivotal software licensing. You should work with your Pivotal sales representative to ensure you have adequate licensing to run GemFire 7.0.2 in a production environment.
- Various bug fixes. See Resolved Issues.
You can download Pivotal GemFire Native Client 7.0.2 (and Pivotal GemFire 7.0.2) from the Pivotal GemFire product download page.
Pivotal GemFire Native Client 7.0.2 installers are available in ZIP (Linux, Solaris) and MSI (Windows) format.
The following issues have been resolved in Pivotal GemFire Native Client 7.0.2:
|#863||Change in return type for C# generic interfaces IPartitionResolver and IFixedPartitionResolver GetRoutingObject() from TKey to Object.|
|#866||Enable setting of client name via system properties.|
|#870||Enable get/put of empty byte array in C++ via CacheableBytes::create().|
|#923||Clear pdx type ids when client get disconnected. To enable this feature, one need to set on-client-disconnect-clear-pdxType-Ids gfcpp prop to true.|
The following bug is a known issue with Pivotal GemFire Native Client 7.0.2:
- Bug #430: Difference in ClassID type/range between .NET, C++ and Java. The difference in the ClassId type/range between C++, .NET and Java can clash and cause undefined behavior.
- Workaround: Use class IDs well within the signed integer range to avoid undefined behaviour between C++, .NET and Java APIs.