The function execution service provides
solutions for these application use cases:
- An application that executes a
server-side transaction or carries out data updates using the GemFire
distributed locking service.
- An application that needs to initialize
some of its components once on each server, which might be used later by
- Initialization and startup of a
third-party service, such as a messaging service.
- Any arbitrary aggregation operation
that requires iteration over local data sets that can be done more efficiently
through a single call to the cache server.
- Any kind of external resource
provisioning that can be done by executing a function on a server.