To start using the examples, start terminal sessions with environments set for
GemFire and the examples, then locate the example files.
If you have not already done so, install and configure Pivotal GemFire and the GemFire
product examples. See the following topics:
To begin setting up your environment, perform the following:
- Start two terminal sessions with their
environments set up for GemFire and
the product examples.
- In both sessions, change directory (cd)
to the quickstart directory under
If you have problems running the examples, see the Troubleshooting Checklist.
Source and configuration files are located under the examples installation quickstart
- gemfire.properties, used by all of
- Java source files in the quickstart
- XML cache configuration files in
the xml subdirectory
For descriptions and example walkthroughs for these different file types, see Walkthrough of the Example Files.