This section provides information you need to know before you begin to upgrade Pivotal GemFire.
Before you upgrade, review the following items:
- During an upgrade from one major GemFire version
to another, you cannot connect members in the same distributed system to other members
running a different major version. Therefore, you cannot perform a rolling upgrade between
major versions of Pivotal GemFire and will need to plan your system downtime accordingly.
See Pivotal GemFire Version Compatibility Rules for more information on GemFire version interoperability.
- Read the Pivotal GemFire Release
Notes at http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/gemfire702.html to familiarize yourself with all feature changes.
- Know how to configure environment variables for
- Confirm that your system meets the requirements
to run GemFire. See Supported Configurations and System Requirements.
- If you are upgrading to GemFire 7.0.x from
GemFire version 6.5.x or earlier, you will need first to upgrade your disk store files by
using the DiskConverter tool. See DiskConverterPre65to65 for instructions on running the tool.
- If you are upgrading from GemFire 6.6 (or have
just upgraded your disks to 6.6.x compatibility with the DiskConverter tool), you must run
the gfsh command upgrade offline-disk-store tool to
upgrade the disk stores to Pivotal Gemfire 7.0.x.