Optimize availability and performance by following the guidelines in this section.
- When you start your system, start all the
members that have persistent regions at roughly the same time. Create and use
startup scripts for consistency and completeness.
- Shut down your system using the gfsh
shutdown command. This is an ordered shutdown that positions
your disk stores for a faster startup.
- Decide on a file compaction policy and, if
needed, develop procedures to monitor your files and execute regular compaction.
- Decide on a backup strategy for your disk
stores and follow it. You can back up by copying the files while the system is
offline or you can back up the online system using the gemfire command.
- If you remove any persistent region or
change its configuration while your disk store is offline, consider synchronizing
the regions in your disk stores.